1st Craft Show Lessons Learned
My main goal of advertising my brand was achieved. I had a surge of views on my website and on social media. I am trying to build my site page views and this show helped a great deal. For any of you with websites Google Analytics is helpful in tracking if your advertising is successful. It is also required if you want to monetize your page with ads. That is another post for another time. 🙂
- Mittens/Finger-less gloves
I also added a few unexpected items
- Heart shape comfort packs (Click here for pattern from previous post)
- Breast Cancer Ribbon Keychains
- Alphabet Keychains (Click here for pattern from previous post)
- Flower Pen cozy (Click here for pattern from previous post)
- Coffee Cup cozy
- Owl Coin Purse (Pattern Post coming soon)
- Table Placement is everything! This is bold and 1st for a reason, because it was the most important lesson I learned. This event was an outdoor event with many vendors. I learned that customers will do a walk by before walking into the tent. As you can see my placement of tables, the customers would have to walk all the way to the back of the tent to the table that had the lesser valued items. I should have hooked the customer with the well made lesser value item then up-sale to add the higher hat or scarf.
2. Get $100 cash in small bills for customers with cash only. I did have small bills on hand but i needed a coupon folder or waist pack to hold the cash. I improvised by putting it in my back pocket.
3. Customers appreciated having a mirror to see what the item looks like on them. Also a hand-held mirror would have been handy so they could see what the slouchy hats look like from the back.
After it was all said and done, I had a fabulous experience and I am excited for the next one.
Visit my online shop to check out the latest items for sale.
Like All that Crochet