My 1st official craft show is almost here!
I am so excited, nervous, anxious, stressed, scared, and trying not to overwhelm myself. One of my goals with this craft show is to get my brand out and recognized. I love creating crochet items and sharing them with people. However, if no one knows I am here I can’t share my love with them. Simple right.
Another goal is to SELL. I have decided to sell small items that are $25 or less. To achieve this, I will sell keychains – $2, coin purses – $5-$10, hats -$20, fingerless gloves – $15. I am also going to display bigger, higher priced items to let people see the potential of other things to purchase from my website.
Given that I want to make a profit, I am trying not to spend a lot in display items and accessories. I am making all my own price/care tags, Cup Cozy Template(click here to get the template) and even borrowing the tables. I did purchase a 10 x 10 tent (on sale of course), but I looked at that expense as a need and will be utilized often.
To prepare I did a demo setup in my backyard and took a picture to remember the layout. Doing this gave me the opportunity to tweak placement before the event. It also helped me to focus on products for my target audience.
I am using some creative displays to showcase my items.
- Blankets I have made as tablecloths
- Crocheted baskets to hold small items
- Hangers (from Dollar Tree) to display scarves and hanging them from the tent
- Ornamental table fixtures (purchased from Goodwill)
- Wig stands to display hats (see affiliate amazon the link below)
- Wicker baskets from my own home decor
- Purchased a head/shoulder wig stand from a local beauty supply store ($6)
I am very excited and will definitely keep you updated on the progress.